Friday, May 6, 2011

friday favorites

In honor of Mother's Day, today's favorite is:

my momma. {pictured at about my age with my cousin Dina}

And she truly is my favorite. I am a momma's girl. I love when I know I've made her proud. Momma is an amazing lady. She's incredibly smart. She's entertaining {though not always intentionally, we love her spacey-ness}. She works damn hard for her family. She's warm. She's kind. She's critical when it's appropriate {and sometimes when it's not. but it's always for the best or at least with the best intentions}. She's supportive {again, when it's appropriate. but she's not afraid to let you know when she doesn't think you're on the right path}. She's my momma and I love her.

A lot of who I am is from mom. Or simply is mom. What I look like. How I walk. My photographic memory. My perfectionism. My critical nature. My work ethic. My love of music and dancing. My ability to fall asleep anywhere. My aptitude for Scrabble. For better or worse I am my mother's daughter. {I say better}

If you've met her, you have to love her. If I love you, you've already been accepted as a member of our family. I just spent the better part of a week with her and the time spent with her was some of the best. Relaxed and happy. I can't wait to do it again.

Of course, I wish she lived closer. And, despite our distance this Mother's Day, I will be thinking of her {as I often do}.

My favorite: my mom. {happy mother's day}

No comments:

Post a Comment