Monday, August 29, 2011

farewell, 25. welcome, 26.

{25th birthday drinks at Centrico in NYC with David and cousins}

25. the year i became engaged to be wed. the year i found a love of baking. saturday scones. sunday croissants. mostly uneventful - with one dramatic exception. a year that emphasized home. a slow start to wedding plans. another year toward health. beginning with a trip to my favorite city and ending with an earthquake (so it was a couple days before my year ended...).

to 26. a year of change. faster wedding planning progress? necessary. change of location? certainly. finding work that will make me happy? hopefully.

26 began with a natural disaster: an unceremonious hurricane. perhaps an appropriate metaphor for what should be a whirlwind year. and, hopefully, will end in my living in my favorite city.

day-of birthday plans consisted of making some sort of chocolate + peanut butter treat for myself. pulling together some kind of delicious dinner...day-of birthday activities consisted of eating whatever struck my fancy - which happened to be far more junk food than i normally consume. no birthday treat. no delicious dinner. lots of napping. a bit of feeling ill.

lesson learned so far in year 26:
*a day of junk food is far better in theory than in practice. moderation can actually provide more enjoyment.

{heading to my "Farewell to 25" dinner}

No comments:

Post a Comment