Tuesday, June 21, 2011

{another} sceneless weekend

I'm trying to prioritize this blog into my routine. My daily routine doesn't consist of a whole lot so it really shouldn't be a problem but so far my consistency is no good.

My scenes from the weekend have also devolved from real scenes with mini recaps into play-by-plays sans any photos at all...

The problem: routine.

I love our weekend traditions. However, they don't make for exciting photo ops {who likes reruns}. I like to shoot the details. The food. The places. But when you're only at home or eating the same croissant you ate last week... I usually think of details I could have captured... after the fact. Which also does me no good.

So therein lies my challenge {and really a primary challenge of this blog to begin with}. Capture the normal in a worthwhile way.

This weekend wasn't even a case of routine. So no excuse!

Saturday, the fam got together to celebrate my cousin's finishing his grad program. Having grown up far from the extended family I love a get together, and they don't seem to happen too often. Highlights: chatting with the cousins {and the nearest aunt. trying to talk to anyone further down the table was a nightmare}. Lowlights: it was a chicken farm. {read: they do one thing well. it was family style and they served a limited menu. chicken, iceberg salad, fries, shells with red sauce, and rolls.} The food was fine. Not a highlight but edible. The cupcakes my aunt brought were a nice end to the meal!

As I said, plenty to photo. I'm just not big on toting my camera into new restaurants. I'll get there.

Sunday, we had grand plans to work on our registry {the last available weekend for the next month}. There were a couple of pieces we wanted to add that we wanted to check out in person...problem was the Bloomingdale's by us is considerably smaller, with less product and therefore less to see in person.

While things didn't quite pan our as hoped on the registry front, we also had plans to do a bit of bathing suit shopping...and in keeping with the theme of the day, there were none that I was especially fond of.

Finally we made our way down to 40 carrots to wrap up our day on a positive note: veggie juice and a chicken salad wrap for me {yes, i know i knock chicken all the time but i'm a sucker for chicken salad} and a smoothie for David. These didn't disappoint {I still have half my wrap in the fridge}.

Better luck next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment