Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February: "Do" Month

Productivity my way (note the checklists under the pen and in the upper right corner - I simply couldn't survive without them)

I have declared February "Do" Month. I am making a conscious effort toward maximum productivity in all areas: professional, domestic, nuptial and on and on.

Today, being the first of the month, was definitely a good start. However, I must say, the job front in these parts is bleak. I had a couple springs of hope yesterday, but in today's further research they don't seem to be the right fit. I push on.

Domestic improvement begins Friday. This is my least favorite. Our place just gets cluttery. It looks lived in. Scrabble board and yoga mat ever on the living room floor...but I like them there. I do have to clean the floor. Too much salt for these old wood floors.

While we have made no solid decisions concerning the wedding, we have already contacted a number of wedding planners. We have the group narrowed down for phone consultations and then from there will narrow down for in-person meetings when we go to Bradenton over Presidents' Day weekend. Stay tuned for more to come on some of those d's...

I don't know if the weather here is attempting to support or hinder my productive efforts. And I also don't know if the Rhode Island weather is at all due to the fact that David and I have been discussing our love for NYC since moving here. Let's recap: March - 100 year rain. Summer - one of the hottest summers on record (according to Esquire magazine). January - 4th snowiest January in Rhode Island's history. We may be beginning to see a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment