Tuesday, March 29, 2011

bubble bath


I took a nice, long bath today. It was the first time in quite a bit. This time with no music. Just me in the clear warm(ish) water with my swirling thoughts. I'll try to take you on the trip with me.

I wish I had Mr. Bubble. The bottle is so nostalgic. A bubble bath seems so luxurious. But I had to stop using "bubble stuff," as I once knew it, per doctor's orders. Grandma always put bath beads in the tub when she drew my bath. They were so much fun. They melted. My favorite part was midway between solid and gone. They become soft and malleable. The worst was when you popped them accidentally. I think I once got that oil in my mouth. Don't remember how. I wish I had some bath beads. Or some bath salts. Something to make this not warm enough bath more interesting. ::turns tap back on, all the way up:: Still no luck.

The bath products seem to be listening to me. The ones in the caddy hanging from the shower head at least. Okay, well, some of the ones in the caddy. Two razors, David's body wash, the exfoliating puff, the nail brush. All cocked to one side or the other, as if listening intently. Caring. The shampoo and travel body wash are so disinterested. They look like soldiers. Facing out.

Does everyone have 4 razors in their shower? Kind of seems excessive. 3 are dull. All the same type with the same blade. Different models. There are more in the drawer.

This is an incredibly deep bathtub. I love it!

I wonder how many minutes have passed. Conditioner should come off after 5. My fingers are pruny. That tells me nothing. I am horrible at estimating time. Especially with nothing to judge by.

The light looks like an idyllic sun. Warm. But you can look into it.

Damn there's shaving cream on the shower curtain.

My clean tub is going to be dirty when I get out. That's annoying.

Once upon a time two high school girls dreamed up a company. It was called "Bath Tub." That may have been one word. I think it would be a spa and a retail store. And something else that I don't remember. I sketched our sign and signature tee. I was never the artist of the bunch {as exemplified above}. I was the rapper. I'm sure I could find more details about Bath Tub. I probably have the note somewhere.

Notes remind me of high school. So do doodles. Doodles, most specifically, remind me of Chemistry. Thao would draw the most random scenes. Typically relevant at the time. Kind of. The cast of Gilligan's Island, each of our group assigned a cast member. I was Gilligan. I think. I prefer Mary Ann but I wasn't the artiste. Also the cast of Friends. I don't remember who I was there. Rachel? Again, I know those notes are around here somewhere. I loved Thao's doodles.

I would prefer to use my exfoliant while I'm still in the tub. It would be so relaxing. The water's too dirty now. Shower time.

Shower's are all business. Quite the opposite of the bath. Now, why is the shower water so hot!?

Done. 55 minutes. I wonder how long the conditioner was in my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment