Wednesday, March 9, 2011

the "F" word


{pardon my french}

No, not that one.

Fiancé. One "F" word that hasn't found its home in my vocabulary.

I know I'm engaged. I know we're getting married. I even have a beautiful little piece of hardware with me at all times as a portable reminder. But I just can't seem to get a handle on the word.


Whenever I talk to someone new (e.g. the TV repairman) and David comes up in conversation (as he often does), he is "my boyfriend."

Everyone else has it down. And they remind me when I use the wrong moniker.

True, he was my boyfriend for five and a half years. But everyone else knew him as my boyfriend for the same amount of time. How can I be the last to pick it up?

Fortunately, I have 20(ish) months to add fiancé to my vocabulary.

Then it changes.

Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment