Monday, March 14, 2011

scenes from this weekend...


I love breakfast. David loves pancakes. I don't find them quite so satisfying, but I thought this recipe for cake batter pancakes just sounded too yummy to resist {truth be told I modified the recipe a bit based on the Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pancakes}. Maybe next time I'll top them with some melted Nutella. {I don't like maple anything - and yes I have tried "real" maple syrup - still not a fan}

If you like amaretto or toasted almond flavor this coffee fits the bill. Sometimes I can't taste the flavor in flavored coffee but you can't miss it here. Mmmmm. {plus the little sunshine face makes me happy on grey days}


My new tablescape. New flowers. Easter candy...a bit early but so yummy.
{had to photo in the window. dining room was too dark.}


Ack! 2nd degree burn. I didn't open the oven enough and hit my hand against the door. Oops.

{not pictured:
*burn on my left ring finger - who knew dishes would get that hot sitting on top of the oven?
*Sunday night pizza - you saw pizza last week. we made the same one: prosciutto, ricotta, fresh mozzarella & basil
*Scrabble
*the Social Network}

1 comment:

  1. I am having pioneer woman's Apple Pie for dessert in celebration of pi day! It is by far the best I've had. That lady is awesome!

    ReplyDelete