Friday, April 8, 2011

friday favorites

The favorites have returned...

I began a "series" and then completely failed at getting anything posted on Friday!

To be honest, this post was intended for last Friday. New month, new start. Guess the joke was on me, because I ran out of time in the day...

I give you "Asian Vegetables."


This has been my savior during lent. Friday means no snacking and no meat (and really only water to drink but I have my routine coffee and tea...what can I say, I do my best). The meat part isn't too hard for me - I have plenty of meals in my repertoire that are completely meatless or we can make fish. But no snacking!? I'm a grazer. I eat when I'm hungry. I eat something little. Then, an hour or two later, I eat something little again.

Lenten Fridays mean 2 small meals, one larger meal. That's where the asian veg come in. Lots of veggies, nuts, pasta. Small portion. Well rounded. Gets me through. Recently, I've been tossing in some flaxseeds for added fiber and omega-3s. And a little more texture.

My mighty mini meal.

1 comment: