Wednesday, April 13, 2011

we need a wok: registering

I am in full-swing wedding mode today!

Our planner sent us some photographers to check out {in addition to those we'd reached out to on our own} so I started by checking those out. Some we'd already looked at. Some we hadn't. I'm somewhat relieved that there were none that stole my heart. Since photography is super subjective we really took the wheel on that one. And, while Staci {planner-select} may think we're totally nutso transporting our photographer from Florida's East Coast, we say if the price is right and the work is beautiful then what's the difference?

{sidenote: I'd love love love feedback on the photographers we think we've narrowed it down to: Kallima, Bee Photographie & Jessica Lorren}

Now, to the wok:

Last night we made yet another go-to meal for dinner: fried rice.

Every time I'm mixin' up that meal in our largest saute pan I make a mess of my lovely stovetop!

So go buy a wok. Simple solution.

For some reason we have it in our minds that we're going to register for one, silly as that may be.

We have a tool we can use for the time being. That's just one that we want.

Hammered Round-Bottom Wok with Ring, 14"

So, how early is too early to register?

Obviously, one must have a date. Check...well, kind of...we have a date reserved...we also have a contract to be signed...I digress.

I tend to think the earlier the better. I mean, no one is going feel obligated to started buying just because a registry exists. Right? Plus, it'll be something I can check off the list. And it will be fun-ish. I imagine it will take more time then we think it will. So start early and take it slow-ish.

We know where we want to register. David was initially concerned that the stores aren't necessarily in close proximity to our guests that will (or will not) be buying from them. We have since agreed that our physical distance from said guests would make it a little nonsensical for them to be going into a store to purchase from our registry to then ship it to us? Or, better yet, buy a gift from whichever store then traveling with said gift to our wedding in Florida for us to then travel with said gift back to Rhode Island {or wherever in the world we are living}. A wondrous thing that interweb!

P.S. Staci also got me talking food...let me tell you, I managed to write her a novel, leaving out many specific ideas. It was, after all, just to get her started. But you, my friends, will have to wait for those details...

1 comment:

  1. My choice for Photographer: Jessica Lorren. The other two are really great too, but I think they would be more suited for a "country-type" wedding. I think Jessica is more your style. Great for a Florida wedding- and I love her vivid colors and candids. Just my humble opinion :)

    ReplyDelete